FREE USPS Priority 2-3 Day Shipping in the U.S.!
When we decided to create a studio-class stereo delay effects pedal, we knew we must go well beyond what has been done in the past—in sound quality, sonic flexibility, hardware design, and processing power. We spent months locked up in the Strymon sound design labs dreaming up the most spacious, lush, creative, and tweakable delay effects ever heard. It was a monumental task—a relentless study of delays and their nuances, and a continuous pursuit of innovative and musically inspirational sounds. Utilizing a ridiculously powerful SHARC DSP, every drop of processing power is harnessed.
Explore Your Creativity.
TimeLine provides you with twelve unique delay machines, each with extensive control over sonic character and feel. Go from crisp and clear, studio-quality digital delays all the way to the saturated and fluctuating sounds of tape delay machines. Get warm and fuzzy analog style repeats all the way to shimmery, sparkling, and crystalline ice delays.
Tweak to your hearts content and save up to 200 presets of your favorite sounds. Top it all off with full MIDI implementation and a routable, 30-second stereo looper and you’re on your way to delay bliss.
12 Unique Delay Machines
TimeLine provides twelve studio-class, fully tweakable delay machines.
A crystal-clear digital delay that can be endlessly tweaked and enriched with the Filter, Grit, Smear, High Pass, and Modulation controls. A wide range of delay tones can be achieved with this classic “voiced” digital approach. In addition, a non-linear mode allows the repeats to fade more quickly, while still retaining a natural feel.
Two independent delay lines can be configured in series or parallel (right/left split). The second delay has independent Mix, Repeat and Time values, and can also be set to track the first delay’s knob values.
The Pattern machine gives you a variety of multi-tap patterns that span from rhythmic to ambient to percussive and everything in between. Filter, Grit and Mod knobs deliver a wide range of delay experiences.
You play frontwards, it repeats backwards. Your playing triggers the delays, producing predictable, repeatable, and extremely useful reverse effects. Add some Smear to soften the attacks—smearing transients while retaining full frequency response.
The Ice machine slices and dices your input and plays the pieces back with a selectable Interval shift amount—from an octave down to two octaves up, and anywhere in between. You can Blend the ice amount from none to all. Selectable Slice size allows further possibilities, changing the size of audio chunks that get shifted.
Duck — and cover. You get a ducking delay with adjustable Sensitivity and Release Time, along with a switchable Feedback duck option. This allows for a wide variety of dynamic delay effects.
Variable swell time allows you to match the swell with the delay time. Turn the Mix to full wet and turn up the repeats for ethereal ambient effects. Adjust the Rise Time to set the time constant for the swell effect. Add some Smear to soften the attacks—smearing transients while retaining full frequency response.
The Trem delay machine provides you with a synchronized tremolo with Waveshape, Depth and Speed for cool new sounds. Choose from triangle, square, sin, ramp, and saw to vary the delay amplitude.
The Filter delay gives you a synchronized Filter that can be placed before or after the delay. Wave-shape, Depth, Speed, Resonance, and Filter Location are all adjustable parameters. Choose from triangle, square, sin, ramp, saw, random, up, and down to vary the delay amplitude. Limitless filter possibilities!
Crush some bits with the Lo-Fi delay machine. Adjust Bit Depth and Sample Rate while blending the results with the full resolution signal. Select from several hand crafted lo-fi Filters, spanning transistor radios, telephones, phonographic horns, and other “collectibles”. Top it off with our exclusive dVinyl record noise, adding a scratchy record complete with dust and dirt.
The dTape machine delivers the complete experience of sought-after sliding-head tape echo machines, with every attribute relentlessly studied and faithfully recreated. Full control over Tape Age, Wow & Flutter, Tape Crinkle, Tape Bias, Low End Contour, and Tape Speed.
The dBucket machine provides you with a deep and nuanced recreation of analog bucketbrigade style delay types. Two delay time ranges are available, for single or multiple BBD chip delay times. Utilize our exclusive Bucket Loss control, along with dedicated Filter and Mod controls.
Presets, Expression Pedal Control, Stereo Looper, Feedback Loop, and MIDI Integration.
200 Built-In Presets
200 PresetsAre presets your thing? TimeLine gives you the option to instantly save and recall up to 200 of your own presets.
Easily bank up or down through your presets using the front panel switches. Or select presets externally with a MultiSwitch or MIDI controller.
Expression Pedal Control
Expression Pedal JackPlug in an expression pedal and control any knob or combination of knobs, all saveable per preset.
Or plug in an external momentary Tap Tempo switch for remote control of your tap tempo.
TimeLine comes with a built-in 30-second stereo looper, routeable pre- or post-delay. Record, overdub, play, and stop are right at your feet. Record the delay signal to your loop, or route the looper before your delay and saturate your dry loop in echoey goodness. Super simple to use and a ton of fun. You can also control the looper with a MultiSwitch or external MIDI controller to access reverse, half speed, undo-to-initial-loop, and redo functions.
Switch to Feedback Loop mode and run an external effects pedal in the feedback loop of your TimeLine.
Extensive MIDI Support
Have a more complex rig? TimeLine offers a complete MIDI implementation to connect to your MIDI gear.
Sync your delay time to MIDI clock.
Remote control of any knob, parameter, or switch.
Select your presets via MIDI. You can even send MIDI messages to the built-in looper.
- Hand crafted, studio-class delay algorithms deliver meticulous, detailed and nuanced delay experiences
- Twelve delay machines to choose from: Digital, Dual, Pattern, Reverse, Ice, Duck, Swell, Trem, Filter, Lo-fi, dTape™, dBucket™.
- Seven front-panel tone shaping knobs: Time, Repeats, Mix, Filter, Grit, Mod Speed, Mod Depth
- Additional menu-driven parameters deliver extremely flexible tone shaping options and complete tweakability
- 200 easily accessible and nameable presets, save and recall at the press of a switch
- Three rugged metal footswitches for preset selection, effect bypass, looper control, and Tap Tempo
- LED display for preset info, BPM/time readout, and extended parameter control
- Multi-color preset LEDs (green for active preset, amber for edited preset)
- Full MIDI implementation allows extended control for those with more complex rigs
- 30-second stereo Looper, routable pre- or post-delay, with MIDI capability.
- Sturdy and lightweight gunmetal gray anodized aluminum chassis, with laser-etched artwork
- Durable black anodized aluminum knobs
- Studio-grade audio input and output jacks
Ins & Outs
- Stereo input and output
- Expression pedal input with selectable control over knob or combination of knobs, saveable per preset (also configurable as external tap input)
- MIDI input and output
- Switchable I/O configuration: Stereo Out or Mono with Delay Feedback Loop Insert
- Included 9V center-negative power supply (300mA minimum required)
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115dB typical signal to noise
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable Trails mode with high quality, transparent Analog Buffered Bypass, saveable per preset
- +/- 3dB Boost/Cut, saveable per preset
- Selectable Tap Subdivision, saveable per preset
- Optional Kill Dry mode mutes dry signal, for use in parallel effects loops
- Optional Global Tap Tempo mode
- Dimensions: 6.75″ (171mm) wide, 5.1″ (130mm) deep
- Designed and Built in the USA