FREE USPS Priority 2-3 Day Shipping in the U.S.!
Note: Kingtone does not include any paperwork of any kind with this pedal.
New features include Top Mounted Jacks, Switchable Si/Ge transistors, Buffer Option, 4 Position Tone Control and Much More.
The miniFUZZ V2 combines the tones and options of both the miniFUZZ Si and the miniFUZZ Ge, giving you the option to switch between the distinctive tones of silicon or germanium. The miniFUZZ has a plethora of controls which allow you to dial in authentic vintage silicon or germanium tones and much more! The side Dip-Switch gives fast and easy access to the amazing new tonal options. We have added a switchable buffer to the miniFuzz. If you chose to engage the buffer you will be able to drive long cables and complex pedal setups with no loss of tone or change of tone when engaging the miniFUZZ. We have added a four setting tone control for tweaking the texture of the fuzz. Leave it off for bright gritty tones or select one of the options for a smoother, silkier tone. We still have controls for boosting the output or lifting the bass response. Most fuzz pedals can sound poor when using an external DC power-supply but the miniFUZZ’s built in battery simulator makes sure all DC plug in power sounds as good and as quiet as a battery.
Go from massive, sustaining “Violin” type tones, to gritty, fierce, true-vintage fuzz sounds. Go from almost broken sounding “Bender” type tones, to modern glitching, out-of-control big riff sounds
• Top Mounted Jacks
• Carefully Selected Silicon BC183 Transistors
• This current build uses the incredible sounding MP10b, a perfect match for the BC183
• 3 Way Tone Toggle Switch. Fat/Full, Zonk and Vintage
• Internal bridge switch for DC power filtering when using a 9V DC plug. Helps make the DC sound more like a battery
• External switch Vintage/Boost. In the boost setting, the output of the pedal is lifted to allow a stronger boost in volume
• External 4 position switch for tone settings
• External 2 position switch for engaging the buffer circuit
• The Bias Control Knob – Lets You Go From Violin Sustain, To Vintage, Hendrix’esque Mayhem
• Bias Light Indicator. Lets you know when the fuzz pedal is biased correctly. ***Patent Pending***
• 3x LEDs to clearly show when the pedal is active
• Runs on standard center negative 9vdc; no special requirements.
• Hand Wired
• True Bypass
• Fat Fat, did I say ‘Fat’ Tone!
• Runs on Standard 9 Volt Battery or 9v DC Jack (standard center negative)
• Fuzz Control – Custom made fuzz control lets you go smoothly between almost clean to full-on fuzz
• Low bias settings will allow from modern or “bender” type tones
• Custom CNC 6061 Anodized Aluminum Enclosure
• Long battery life even when left plugged in
• Beautiful Inside And Out
• Built To Last A Lifetime
• Anti-thread 7/64” Hex Screws.
Germanium vs Silicon:
The miniFUZZ Ge has a warm, almost overdrive like fuzz tone. It cleans up well to a beautiful, bright glassy clean tone.
The Ge is can be sensitive to high temperatures so if you live in a hot climate or do a lot of outdoor summer shows you might want to consider the silicon version.
The miniFUZZ Si is still warm but has a more classic fuzzy tone. It also has more lows and highs, more full range.
It also cleans up well with a beautiful, glassy clean tone, very slightly more crisp than the germanium version. The Si is not temperature sensitive.
It is easier to get the low bias, gated tones than with the germanium version.
We have chosen what we feel is the perfect match for the BC183, the MP10b. Tonally it is “identical” to the miniFUZZ Ge transistors and is extremely temperature tolerant, so you can use it on hot days with no issues.
Runs on standard center negative 9v. No special requirements.