FREE USPS Priority 2-3 Day Shipping in the U.S.!
Some might say we’re driven. When our engineers lock themselves in our sound design labs for months on end, you might say we’re obsessed. We have been dedicating ourselves to forging a collection of the most organic, luscious, expressive, and versatile modulation effects ever heard.
It was an enormous mission—we painstakingly studied the nuances of the legendary modulations of celebrated tremolo effects, phaser pedals, chorus units, and more from the last five decades. We didn’t stop at faithfully capturing these warm and lush vintage sounds—we expanded their vocabulary with extended versatility and sonic possibilities never before heard.
Open Up the History Books of Music.
Mobius gives you twelve legendary, versatile, and inspirational modulation machines, all in an easy-to-use package. Go from mouthwatering vintage chorus sounds all the way to syrupy psychedelic phasers. Get classic, pulsating tremolos all the way to warbling crushed bits. Mobius opens up the history books of music and provides new sounds and inspiration for all of your musical ideas.
We knew we must surpass what has been done—in sound design, audio quality, hardware design, and processing power. Utilizing an insanely powerful SHARC DSP, every drop of power is harnessed. Top it all off with 200 presets, full MIDI implementation and a unique Pre/Post Mode and you’re on your way to modulation ecstasy.
12 Versatile Modulation Machines
Mobius provides twelve studio-class, fully tweakable, and completely adjustable modulation machines:
The Chorus machine features five distinct modes to cover all the classic chorus sounds, from the variable-clock warmth of the dBucket, Multi, and Vibrato modes, to the crisp and clean 80s sounds of the Digital and Detune modes.
The Flanger machine’s six modes are designed to deliver the historic catalog of flanging tones with maximum ease of use. Choose from the color-coded Silver, Grey and Black (+ and -) modes for vintage stomp flanger tones, or go through zero back to the days of tape flanging with the Zero+ and Zero- modes.
The Rotary machine captures the sonic swirling complexities of a variable horn and drum rotary speaker. A variety of parameters let you shape the system’s sonics and mechanics.
The Vibe machine lives and breathes with the warmth and depth that discerning vibe fans will appreciate. Control over waveshape symmetry, low end response, and headroom allow for precise under-the-hood adjustments.
The Phaser machine’s modes ensure that you’re able to easily dial in chewy 2, 4 and 6 stage phasers as well as swirly 8, 12 and 16(!) stage phasers. Each mode was painstakingly tuned for optimum sonic performance.
The flexible Filter machine gives you Low Pass, Wah, and High Pass filter modes, with resonance control and a host of cool waveforms, including envelope control, to allow for soothing sweeps, funky wahs, and futuristic bleeps.
Say what? The Formant machine does the talking for you. The Formant machine provides hours of fun as a host of selectable waveforms control the selected vowels. Select random vowels, and who knows what it’ll say next?
The Vintage Trem machine provides three historic tremolo sounds. Choose the rich complexity of the Harmonic tremolo, the soothing pulses of the Tube tremolo, or the surf and spy sounds of the Photo tremolo.
The Pattern Trem machine allows you to sequence up to eight beats of trem subdivision for some unique rhythmic sounds. Choose from a variety of waveforms, including smooth sinewaves, sharp saws, choppy pulses, and more. Easily re-trigger your pattern with a single press of the tap switch.
The Autoswell machine goes beyond the typical ‘volume swell’ effect, giving you four different types of swell curves to choose from, in addition to a wide range of rise times. The Depth knobs brings in a chorus/vibrato effect to the swelled signal when turned up.
The Destroyer machine combines bit-crushing, sample-rate reduction, and lo-fi filtering alongside vinyl scratches and warps. From an old-timey 78 record, to video-game nostalgia, to a heinously corrupted under-sampled buzz, the Destroyer machine has the power, flexibility and sonic pedigree necessary to really muck things up just right.
The Quadrature machine handles another spectrum of signal corruption. Choose from AM (amplitude modulation), FM (frequency modulation), or Frequency Shifting (single side band modulation) to go where few have gone before. This mode is highly flexible with a variety of waveshapes to modulate the modulation.
200 Built-In Presets
Mobius gives you the option to instantly save and recall up to 200 of your own presets. Easily bank up or down through your presets using the front panel switches. Give each preset its own custom name to appear on the display. You can even select presets via an external MIDI controller.
Expression Pedal Control
Plug in an expression pedal and control any knob or combination of knobs, all saveable per preset. Or plug in an external momentary Tap switch for remote control of your LFO Speed.
Do you like to tweak some knobs more than others? Mobius gives you the ability to assign custom parameters to the two Param knobs on the front panel, all saveable per preset.
Switch to the Pre/Post Mode and now you can place your Mobius in two different locations in your mono signal chain, without having to rewire your pedalboard!
Want to run Mobius before your distortion box for one song and after the distortion for another? Easy! No rewiring necessary.
Extensive MIDI Support
Have a more complex rig? Mobius offers a complete MIDI implementation to connect to your MIDI gear.
Sync your LFO time to MIDI clock. Remote control of any knob, parameter, or switch. Select your presets via MIDI.
- Studio-class modulation algorithms deliver meticulous and detailed modulation experiences
- Twelve modulation machines to choose from: Chorus, Flanger, Rotary, Vibe, Phaser, Filter, Formant, Vintage Trem, Pattern Trem, Autoswell, Destroyer, Quadrature
- Five front-panel tone shaping knobs: Speed, Depth, Level, Param 1, Param 2 (Param knobs assignable per preset)
- Additional menu-driven parameters deliver extremely flexible tone shaping options and versatility
- 200 easily accessible and nameable presets, save and recall at the press of a switch
- Three rugged metal footswitches for preset selection, effect bypass, and Tap
- LED display for preset info, BPM readout, and extended parameter control
- Full MIDI implementation allows extended control for those with more complex rigs
- Sturdy and lightweight dark blue anodized aluminum chassis
Ins & Outs
- Stereo input and output
- Expression pedal input with selectable control over any knob or combination of knobs, saveable per preset (also configurable as external tap input)
- MIDI input and output
- Pre/Post Mode for flexible routing, allowing you to put Mobius in two different places in your mono signal chain
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 110dB typical signal to noise
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable high-quality Analog Buffered Bypass
- Selectable Tap Subdivision, saveable per preset
- Optional Global Tap Tempo mode
- Included 9V DC power supply (300mA required minimum)
- Dimensions: 6.75″ wide, 5.1″ deep
- Designed and Built in the USA