FREE USPS Priority 2-3 Day Shipping in the U.S.!
The Shawn Tubbs Tilt Overdrive is the tonal culmination of a lifetime in music. Shawn not only needed a practical tone tool to give him the right sound quickly in any musical context – he aimed to combine the greatest vintage amp tones & recorded guitar sounds of all time into one ideal sound. Now that tone is available to you in a compact 9v double pedal with a unique Tilt Boost.
The sound in Shawn’s head is a cranked single-channel vintage amp – but not any single amp. His ideal tone takes the best part of each great example & tweaks it to suit his personal guitar style. For Shawn a guitar tone has to have the right mids to cut through the mix & feel great to play – all while cleaning up great with your hands & your guitar’s volume knob. The Drive Circuit of the Shawn Tubbs Tilt Overdrive takes you anywhere from edge of breakup to an all-out solo tone with a musical distortion that always inspires. Note clarity, organic feel, & record-ready cut are the hallmarks of this unique drive you have to play for yourself.
To make the pedal as versatile as possible Shawn needed a great boost – but he had encountered something trying different boosts. Totally clean boosts… aren’t. When adding level there’s a low end buildup that makes your tone bloated. The opposite of what you want! That’s where the Tilt Boost comes in. Strategic frequency choices to taper low end & an internal 18v mod for high headroom let you achieve anything from precision tone sculpting to an authentically transparent boost. Use it to get more of the killer tone you already love or add sparkle to a rig that needs a little help. Solos with the Tilt Boost really cut, but you could also use it always-on for more clarity & a punchy feel. It’s even inspired Shawn to approach how he sets his amps in new ways integrating the Tilt Boost. There’s just one problem: once you hear it, you’re not going to want to turn it off!
Shawn’s signature pedal was rigorously tested & designed to work with any guitars & gear. It is equally at home with single coil-equipped bolt-ons & thick humbucker set-neck guitars. It can be used as the centerpiece of your entire guitar tone or as a sculpting tool to bring your rig to life. Use creative gain-staging between the two circuits to set the perfect tones right at your feet. Build a fly-rig around it or use it to fine-tune your studio tones. Low or high gain – at home or with a band – you’ll always have the right tone for the job. The boost even works great into high gain amps for metal!
The end result is a versatile, touch-sensitive amp-voiced drive & useful multi-voice Tilt Boost in one compact double pedal with a unique record-ready sound for Shawn & for you. Designed to be both the core of your entire guitar sound you can take anywhere & a useful tool to upgrade your existing setup.
The Shawn Tubbs Tilt Overdrive adds an all-new record-ready tone to your palette that expands your recording & performance capabilities while channeling Shawn’s 30+ years of professional guitar experience into a combination of the best recorded guitar sounds in history. Not only was it developed by a AAA session musician who always has to have perfect tone – it’s designed to bring out the best of each player who plugs in. It drops right into your rig to produce Shawn’s trademark clear, balanced overdriven sounds. Check out Shawn’s signature pedal to find the sound in your head with an all-in-one solution to your guitar tone.
- The Sound In Your Head – Session master Shawn Tubbs’ dream tone in your hands – a unique combination of the greatest overdriven amp sounds in history
- Organic Amp Drive – Touch-sensitive record-ready amp tone from edge of breakup to all-out lead
- Innovative Tilt Boost Circuit – A boost that controls low end for precision sculpting or truly transparent boost
- Simple All-in-One Tone Sculpting – All-analog 9v compact drive & boost made in Canada
Shawn Tubbs has spent over 30 years developing his signature sound while working on sessions in L.A. & Nashville & touring with Grammy Award-winning artists. Not only does he always have to have the right tone for the part – he’s experienced the greatest vintage amplifiers & recorded guitar tones in history firsthand. When it came time for a signature pedal, he knew it would have to get you a record-ready tone fast & sound unlike anything else out there to combine his favorite sounds of all time & achieve his dream tone.
Collaboration is key to Revv’s design process for all products, but a signature pedal took Revv President & Head Designer Dan Trudeau’s R&D process to new heights. While his experience in amp circuitry & ear for mix-ready tones comes through in the Tilt Overdrive, the real mission was bringing the tone in Shawn’s head into reality… & doing it with an all-new completely from-scratch design. Over 10 revisions, 1 year, & Shawn traveling to Revv’s Canadian workshop to shoot out the prototypes in the studio with pro artists & audio engineers led to a finished product that exceeded all expectations.
All Revv gear is manufactured in Canada to tour-ready quality standards & fine tuned with the input of world-class artists & engineers with a focus on killer mix-ready amp sounds. When you buy a Revv you know you’re getting great tone built like a tank. The Shawn Tubbs Tilt Overdrive pushes this further & ushers in a new era of Revv as the first pedal in the all-new Signature Series. Tone tools developed from scratch devoted to bringing an artist’s vision to life. This allows for exploration of completely new sonic territory & designs that are fresh & help guitarists find their own sound.
REVV TILT OVERDRIVE FEATURES
- Versatile touch-sensitive amp-voiced drive & unique multi-voice Tilt Boost
- Shawn Tubbs’ signature pedal, who developed his signature sound over 30+ years doing sessions in L.A. & Nashville + touring with Grammy Award-winning artists
- Over 1 year of R&D, 10 revisions, & prototype shootouts with world-class artists & engineers
- The first Revv Signature Series pedal – from scratch designs to bring a guitarist’s unique tone to life
- Drive Circuit w/ treble, bass, level, & gain controls
- Tilt Boost w/ boost & Tilt EQ controls + 3-voice tight switch
- All-analog design powered by 9-12v 35mA (center negative external supply only)
- Top jacks & silent relay switching
- Charcoal blue powder-coated metallic finish w/ custom graphic & laser-etched Shawn Tubbs signature
- Dimensions: L- 4.275”, W- 4.375”, H- 2”
- Weight: 0.7lbs
- Made in Canada
- Manual, velvet bag, Shawn Tubbs pick, sticker, & more included in box