FREE USPS Priority 2-3 Day Shipping in the U.S.!
The G8 Pedal – What Noise?
- Hear The Silence – Take control of your rig to eliminate guitar, amp, pedal & ambient noise.
- Total Transparency – Like plugging your guitar right into your amp – without the noise!
- Complete Control – Knobs take you from aggressive staccato chugs to “is it even on?” transparent noise reduction.
- Made In Canada – High quality components & rugged quality standards.
- Versatile – Flexible 2 & 4-cable setups work with combos, heads, modelers, & more!
- Based on Generator 120 MK3’s Gate – A fan-favorite now in an expanded standalone pedal.
The Revv G8 Noise Gate is the new, simple, zero-compromise, solution to taking control of your rig. Noise comes from so many places – the room you’re in, your guitar, your amp, pedals, other pieces of gear in the signal chain. Dealing with that gets in the way of music live & in the studio. None of us like the noise, but we usually just deal with it because the solutions aren’t ideal. That’s why we had to build a flexible noise gate to keep your entire rig quiet with zero downside. G8’s controls will let you dial in that sliced & diced metal rhythm tone when you need it – but most importantly it is designed to maintain the sonic integrity of your guitar tone. You will feel the same & sound the same – all you’ll be wondering is where the noise went. Hear the silence!
“After the positive response to Generator 120 MK3’s built-in gate, I knew we could design a killer rock & metal gate. The real journey began once we decided it had to be so transparent we could convert guitarists who would normally never touch a gate.”
-Dan Trudeau, President & Head Designer Revv Amplification Inc
REVV G8 FEATURES
- Totally transparent feel – like plugging straight into the amp – but without the noise!
- Flexible controls provide super-gated staccato chug tones when you need them.
- 4 jacks allow super simple 2-cable setups or sonically precise 4-cable setups.
- Eliminate problematic noise from your guitar, amp, pedals, or ambient environment.
- Thresh knob dials the exact level of noise reduction you require.
- Release knob ensures your endless sustain is uninterrupted.
- Hold knob fine-tunes feel, ensuring G8 doesn’t close when you want it to remain open.
- True bypass, bright LED for on/off confirmation, black metallic graphic enclosure.
- Simple 9-12v center negative external power supply operation, 50mA minimum.
- Manufactured in Canada to rugged quality standards.
G8 may be the best example of Revv’s commitment to building gear based on feedback from professional artists & engineers. We weren’t really planning on designing a gate until the response to Generator 120 MK3’s gate was so positive. Dan Trudeau quickly got to work on expanding that gate’s featureset into a standalone pedal with fast, silent performance for rock & metal players. However, the real journey began when Revv’s session & touring artists started asking about the gate. Players like that normally don’t use gates, but often are told by the artist or FOH engineer that they have to use one. What if we could make a gate so transparent that clean, blues, worship – even country guitarists liked it? Asking customers & artists what could make their life easier is how we make sure we are designing gear that’s unique & useful.